Bumps on right side of vagina and leg, itching, burning, filled with clear pus. What to do ?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have bumps on my right side of my vagina and leg.
It has been 3 days and still itching,burning,and clear puss.
Should I go to the emergency room to night. I also lost weight so there is a lot of skin i hope you can see the bumps.
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Considering the details you have provided , yes it's most probably an infection causing the bumps , redness ,and resultant itching burning etc .
Though it appears most likely to be a fungal infection sometimes viral or bacterial infections can coexist and hence can worsen the symptoms.
The next best step is definitely to consult a doctor / dermatologist as soon as feasible.
The doctor may after thorough clinical evaluation confirm the diagnosis and start appropriate topical and oral medications .
Though it's not a life threatening emergency situation since its already been three days and the symptoms seem worsening rather than resolving you may go to the emergency facility tonight or the next morning .
Even a routine early appointment in the day time tomorrow will do , provided the symptoms are not worsening and are tolerable.
Meanwhile you should avoid scratching the region as much as possible .
You should maintain adequate hygiene and keep the region clean and dry.
Oral antihistamines like cetrizine , chlorpheniramine etc can decrease the itching and burning temporarily .
Local calamine lotion may provide soothing temporarily but specific treatment by the doctor is a must for cure.
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.