Bumps on penis shaft, tingling sensation in penis, cold sores. Surgically removed genital warts. Did I contract HV1?

Hi, I recentley found a couple bumps on my penis shaft that I poped and looked like pimples. I generally check myself over quite a bit because I've had genital warts in the past, but had them surgically removed. I thought thats what they were at first. I began to pick, rub pretty at one of those vigouserly and woke the next morning to what looked like a small circular burn. It's been 4 days now and it seems like its kinda going away, but now I have a tingling sensation inside my penis hole. I've had a cold sore that week too. So I was wondering if I transfered my hv1 to my penis? Everthing I've read said no, but it seems like all the signs point to herpes. I've also been on a bunch of anti botics for the past couple of months. Could that have taken away my anti bodies??? Please help
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 3 hours later

The described symptoms seem like genital warts only; as they may recur in 20% of cases even if it is treated.

Herpes simplex appears initially as grouped vesicles on an erythematous base and they are very painful and disappear in a week’s time. This virus type are usually transmitted to the genitalia only through oral sex (sexual mode) especially when the partner has oral sores. Hence I do not feel your symptoms are related to Herpes.

Antibiotics do not suppress immunity. On a long term basis some of them may only modify the intestinal flora and cause diarrhea. Immunity mostly is unaffected.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. PVS Prasad
Follow-up: Bumps on penis shaft, tingling sensation in penis, cold sores. Surgically removed genital warts. Did I contract HV1? 18 hours later
The pain on the burn/blister has gone away over night and it now looks like it's dried out with very minimul panin. Now the tingleing in penis tip is a little worse and I feel like I constantley have to use the bathroom and that it wants to drip out. Are these two things related? I went to see a urologist today and he did'nt think it was herpes, but was'nt sure. He tested my urine and it is normal and also gave a bladder ultra sound and that was also normal. As for the tingeling he said maybe clamidia, but I've been on doxcycline for a month now and that is what he would have treated it with. I had a scare about 6 weeks ago when my girlfriend gave me oral sex and she a cold sore that was almost healed. Is it possible for that to pop up this late? I thought the it takes 2-21 days for your first outbreak? Also my urologist said HSV1 cant be transfered to the genitals? I wanted to take a blood test, but he said they can test my urine for that. Everything I've read said you need a blood test. Is this true?
Thank you for your help
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 16 hours later
Hello again.

Thank you for the follow up.

1. your symptoms point to an urine exam is normal go for an early morning specimen which would reveal pus cells.

2. herpes type 1 may also be sexually transmitted but it should come within two weeks and you will have vesicles on the genitalia.

3. only antibody tests are available for IgG and IgM antibody levels. this is done in all metropolis.

4. If everything is normal still you may need only anxiolytics.

Hope I have answered all your queries. You are welcome to ask further queries if you have any.

Please accept my answer if you do not have any more queries.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dr. Prasad P.V.S.
Follow-up: Bumps on penis shaft, tingling sensation in penis, cold sores. Surgically removed genital warts. Did I contract HV1? 46 hours later
Last question. Back in July I was diagnosed with epididimis and was put on doxycycline. The night before I had unprotected sex and felt a slight burning during intercourse. I went in to the dr the next day and was diagnosed. I had pretty bad testicular pain and have so on and off since. I've also been on the doxy on and off since July. Ive went to 3 other urologist since and they have no clue and said it was probably trauma to the testicles or they have no idea. Is it possible that I got chylamidia that night from the unprotected sex and it stayed in my testicles and has now reappeared in the penis tip? I also had a slight tingling that morning as well. As of now I still have the feeling of going to bathroom all the time with slight pain/burning in the penis and it seems to be getting a little worse.
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 39 hours later

Sorry for the delay in replying you back.

I wish to state that the incubation period of Chlamydia infection is one to four weeks and one cannot get the infection overnight. Only gonococcal infection has an incubation period of two to four days and it will be manifested by severe burning sensation while passing urine with difficulty in performing sex and whitish discharge from the urethra in two days. The symptoms mentioned by you are not suggestive of either.

However, non-specific Urethritis is another entity where mixture of gram positive and gram negative bacterial organisms are responsible. Even these respond well to antibiotics. The fact that you mentioned that the urine examination and culture is normal, points to no alarming infection.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.

Prasad PVS