Bumps on penis, protected sex. No itching, no discharge. What are they?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I am having these bumps on my penis for last 3 - 4 months. There is no itching or discharge. I have sex with my wife only that too I always use a condom. My age is 32. I am attaching pictures of these bumps. Please suggest.

Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 12 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

The pictures sent by you show multiple papular lesions (Bumps). All are solid lesions and they don't have any material inside. Papular lesions on genitals can be warts, molluscum contagiosum or Fordyce spots.

Going by the picture, it's not wart but other two possibilities can't be ruled out. A biopsy from one of the lesion can help in making a diagnosis.

In case the lesions are not increasing in size, the diagnosis is more in favor of fordyce spots.

Dr. Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Bumps on penis, protected sex. No itching, no discharge. What are they? 1 hour later
what are the treatments available for molluscum contagiosum and Fordyce spots?

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 4 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks again for following up.

Fordyce spots don’t need any treatment. They are physiological findings found in every male and are non pathogenic.

Molluscum contagiosum needs to be removed by cautery- electro or chemical, cryotherapy or needle extraction. It’s a very common infection and is even common in children. In children they occur on face compared to the adult population where it is seen on genitals.

Hope you I have answered all your queries. Please accept my answer and oblige if you do not have any other queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra