Bumps on hard palate. Am I at the risk for tumor or wart?

I have two circular bumps on my hard palate that are about 2mm in diameter each, very small. They have a light circle around them and a darker part in the middle. They are not raised over the skin, do not hurt, and do not seem to appear anywhere else. I am just wanting to make sure they are not a tumor, wart, etc. I am a very health conscious individual and do not smoke, drink or engage in sex before marriage (although I have participated in oral sex rarely).

I'd love to know what these appear to be so that I can find peace and not worry any longer. I have attached a photo with the bumps labeled.
these spots have been present for a few weeks.
My girlfriend described them as looking like little tentacle suction cups, if that helps.
Thank you very much!
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 1 hour later

I went through the details and pictures attached with diligence.

You can relax. There is nothing to worry about the white bumps. The bums that you see near the molar teeth are unlikely to be related to tumour or infection. The fact that there are not significantly elevated, are minute in size, not growing in size and are asymptomatic reassures me that nothing abnormal is happening around there.

Mucous membrane in the mouth close to the teeth is very prone to recurrent injuries. Friction from the molar teeth while chewing food can be the cause of those bumps.

Therefore you need not be concerned yet. You may consider to visit your dentist's office if few other similar bumps appear or if the grow in size or cause troubling symptoms.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Bumps on hard palate. Am I at the risk for tumor or wart? 4 hours later
Hi doctor - thank you for your great information. I realized I forgot to attach the proper photo with the spots circled up close just to be sure. I have attached the photo and am curious if the information you gave me to not be concerned still applies. Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 15 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

I have seen the updated picture. The lesions you have marked does not seem to be related to any tumor or infection. The fact that it has persisted for a few weeks does not seem to co-relate with its appearance. Though it is not of concern, I would prefer it to be examined directly by a dentist for confirmation.

The roughness you are feeling with the tongue might be due to the loss of mucosal surface. It can happen due to simple burns or friction with food.

Hope I had been able to clear your doubt. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.