Bumps on each side of vagina lips, itchy, painful, have white discharge. Had sex. What is it?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I had protected sex with a friend and now obhave two bumps one on each side of vagina lips and my bum is really hurting to. It is a slight itch but nothing severe and is very tender. I also have white discharge
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later

You didn't mention which type of protection you used. Means if you used barrier method or pills.
Anyhow according to the picture there is possibility of sexually transmitted disease.
The small multiple lesions are appearing like herpetic lesions and there is possibility of fungal infection also.
If you used barrier method, allergy to the material used in condom can also lead to inflammatory reactions.
As white discharge is excessive and you are having tenderness, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined to find out the exact cause for your problem and take treatment accordingly.
Meanwhile you can take analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs to get relief from symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Bumps on each side of vagina lips, itchy, painful, have white discharge. Had sex. What is it? 1 minute later
We used a condom and I'm on the pill.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 hours later
So, it could be allergy to the material in condom or sexually transmitted disease as I told previously.
So better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.