Bumps on buttock near anus, bleeding on scratching, bug bite type of lump above vagina. Should i be concerned?

Question
I have bumps on my right buttocks near my anus about 6 of them and i scratched one yesterday and it kept bleeding than it stopped. They don't itch or bother me but when i slide my hand over it feels like a rash. It not a place where i shave. And i have one that just popped up above my vagina that looks like a bug bite. Please help me i hope it not something serious. I dont have health insurance and i cant go to a doctor right now. But if it serious i will go to a hospital and get it taken care of. Thank you hope you can help me
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
From the symptoms that you have described, these bumps sound like small irritated hair follicles causing folliculitis or clogged pores. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle.

As far as the treatment is concerned, apply warm compresses and keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also avoid wearing tight fitting clothes and wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and underwear. Wash the area well with an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as Neosporin are also useful.

In case, the bumps turn painful or causes open sores, Herpes should be ruled out. Till then wear cotton clothes and try not to irritate the bumps. You can wait for 3-5 days for the lesions to improve with these simple measures.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.