Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Bumps near pee hole with no itching. Pap smear test came negative. Is this an STD?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 8243 Questions
What are My chances of this being an STD? I have two small spots/bumps near My pee hole. They don't hurt, itch or burn. There is no bad smell. My discharge is normal. They look raised kinda like a pimple. When I stretch the inner labia/inner vulva sometimes you can feel it and sometimes you can't, also when it's stretched you can see it and other times you can't. Idk if it's been there for a while or if it has. I have had two pap smears with a year and both came out negative. I have had a few relationships in the past and all have claimed to be clean but I know you can't trust alot of ppl. So what are My chances of it being an STD?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
60 % chance of this being a STD

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

There are numerous causes for such a presentation, some related to sexually transmitted diseases and some just local and common cysts which occur due to blocked glands. But, due to the specific description provided by you, the cause does seem to be related more to a sexually transmitted infection than a non-sexual condition, as a non-sexual condition would have symptoms like pain, swelling, fever, etc.

So in my opinion, there is a 60 % chance of this being a STD, but then again I would still say that 40 % is a large number. For this reason I would suggest a vaginal swab test (culture examination), swab test of the locally affected region (the spots) and a urine culture examination. These investigations will surely confirm whether or not you have an STD.

I hope this information helps you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications or information. I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor