Bumps around vaginal opening. Are these symptoms of HPV ?

I have bumps around my vaginal opening. They feel like quite a few but then at times they can feel like less. They are about the size of the top of a sewing pin. If I scratch at them they tingle but do not necessarily hurt. My doctor thought at one point I had vaginal warts, he sent me to a gynecologist who looked them over and said they were nothing. I went back to her again years later because the bumps still stayed and she explained to me that I only had a hemmoroid. She did not seem very professional so I asked for a second opinion from my doctor from this pretty renowned gynecologist that is taking forever to get an appointment with. I went for 6 years without having sex in fear that I had something and did not want to give it to someone else or contract anything else. I am considerably young (26) and would love to have a sex life with someone that I have been getting close with. Although I will not sleep with him until I know for sure I do not have HPV. The bumps also feel small and under the skin near the top of my labia (lips), right in the crack where they start closest to my stomach. What do you think they are, and I know without examination diagnoses is hard, but I really would not want anyone to get something if I had it and I would not want my man of interest touching them either. What do I do?
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 4 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Diagnosing vaginal warts should not be difficult. If the diagnosis could not be confirmed by clinical examination alone,then a biopsy can be done. I do not see any reason why you have gone without diagnosis and treatment for 6 years.

Can you attach a picture of your lesions on the query page. We can move forward from there.
Awaiting your response