Bumps appeared on lower lips. White head and pus came out after popping. Tested negative for HSV1 virus

Question
Hi there, I am a 28 year old healthy male. I went running in the heat today and when I returned, I had a small pimple looking bump right under my lower lip. I popped it...it had a white head and pus. I just wanted to make sure this is not a cold sore or anything like that. I have been tested and do not have the HSV1 virus and would like to keep it that way. It's a little sore but does not appear to be a "blister" - just a single bump that has been popped. But just wanted to be safe. THANK YOU!
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 18 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The images are not consistent with an HSV infection. Whitish content most of the indicates a bacterial infection. It would be a bit rare that this pimple or pus containing bump took only a few minutes or hours to develop.
I think I should have been there a bit earlier and certainly you never took much attention of it. I think it should be nothing serious.
Topical anti biotics against especially Staphylococcus Aureus and Streptococcus should be sufficient. If any serious pain, a Good cleaning of the area and taking your drugs should normally lead to favorable outcomes within a few days.
Thanks and hope this helps. Feel free asking further questions, will be honored putting in mys suggestions.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Bumps appeared on lower lips. White head and pus came out after popping. Tested negative for HSV1 virus 13 hours later
thank You For your answer doctor. I have attached a few more new photos that I would like you to look at in the corner of my mouth to ensure also that there is no cold sore possibility. I have some red bumps on my lower lip. could be from anything. Just want to make sure. Thank you

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
just had a look at the other pictures you just sent. I do not think there is any need for any panic.
A topic antibiotic containing a steroid or an anti inflammatory drug in it and symptoms.
Consulting your ER for proper prescription of drugs available in your area is advisable.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.