Bumps and fissures along anus, have hemorrhoids, undergoing stress, no change after soaking in epsom

I have recently noticed little bumps around my anus along with fishers. I am under a lot of stress and have had hemorrhoids in the past but the fishers don't seem to heal and one of the bumps hurts when I rub it. I have also had anal sex w toy w my girlfriend. I have been soaking in epsom but no change. A few of the fishers look to have a dark area which looks like dried blood but it does not go away..
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Bimal Desai 31 minutes later

Thanks for Query,

The bumps around anus are probably due to inflammation / infection of anal mucous membrane. This can occur due to breakage of membrane probably due to overstretching of fissures during defecation or anal sex.

My recommendations are:
1. Clean the area using warm seitz bath after defecation. This help to clean the debris of stool in the scar. You can apply some soothing cream or xylocaine containing cream. This can be done for 10 days, if possible every time you pass your stool.
2. Continue Seitz bath with Epsom salt.
3. Stool softeners such as Syp lactulose which are available over the counter helpful in worsening the condition. You can take 20ml of the syrup at night before you sleep.
4. Drink plenty of water and take plenty of leafy vegetables to lax stool.

The above measure can be helpful. If the problems persist contact your local surgeon. Per rectal examination and sigmoidoscopy can be planned to understand the extent of problem and further treatment can be added.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need more help.