Bumps after having sex and washing penis with soap. Blood test showed negative for STD.

Question
i had sex. and i wash my penis with hand soap.i got pumps.and i went to my doctor,she took blood and no symptoms of std

Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
If the bumps that you are having are not associated with any kind of pain or discharge then it might be due to friction or fungal infection. You can apply a local antiseptic and antifungal ointment to have relief.
Other possibility is dermatitis- caused by infections, allergies, and irritants (such as soaps, certain creams). Lesions are usually in the form of itchy small red bumps.
When become white headed, it may indicate a secondary bacterial infection and formation of pus.
Don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical creams like Lotrimin after prescription from your doctor. Wear cotton clothes, retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then you may need oral antimicrobials/ antifungals for which you have to consult and get it prescribed from your doctor.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.