Bumped forehead just above eye, racoon eye, no bruising, bump remains. Treatment for bump?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I bumped my forehead pretty hard last week. just above my left eye. I had no concussion symptoms but I did get a racoon eye that has healed up pretty well. However I still have a bump but no bruising. I want to
avoid calcium
build up what should I do. Will the bump ever go away?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
It seems that you suffered a minor head injury. The bump you can see on your head is most likely a hematoma- a small collection of blood.
Such hematoma usually resolves on its own. Complete resolution may take 8-10 weeks time.
Right now medicines will not help you much. Doing a hot fomentation might hasten the recovery. Usually calcium does not build up at such injuries. You can only wait for it to heal on its own.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.