Bump on vagina, not growing, do not have STD, have steady partner

I have been checked for.stds and a month later I had a bump appear on my vagina I don't have stds but this bump has not gone away its on the out side of the lip I shave but it has not got any bigger I have searched the internet for 4 months looking for an answer don't have health insurance other wise I would go get it checked. I have a steady boyfriend and he has been checked since it appeared and he's clean too
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

As far as STD's go, you have been checked out yourself, your boyfriend has been checked out, and it sounds like it has not changed for 4 months - this is likely not an STD. In terms of POSSIBLE STD's, it might represent something called 'molluscum contagiosum'. You can easily google images of this and see if it fits.

Other explanations for 'bumps' around the vagina include sebaceous inclusion cysts.

If it is not painful and is not a problem, then it is likely a normal anatomical change. Hopefully once you have insurance, you can get it checked out. It would be a simple matter to diagnose it on exam!

Good luck!