Bump on the side of labia majora, no pain. What could it be?

Mar 2016

What is this??? on the side of my labia majors. isn't painful and I just found it now!!!
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

According to clinical feature & image, painless white bump may occur due to following reasons like

1) Folliculitis- infected hair follicle, caused by gram positive organism. Here, you need to take proper antibiotic treatment.
2) Sebaceous cyst- by blocking the gland and needs to be drained by your doctor.
3) Impetigo or boils are some other causes.

Here, you need to get examined by your doctor followed by a culture sensitivity of the discharge from the bump to confirm the diagnosis.

In the mean time, you should maintain genital hygiene with proper cleaning & shaving, apply antiseptic ointment (like neosporin, soframycin etc) locally and take hot fomentation to get some relief.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.
Follow-up: Bump on the side of labia majora, no pain. What could it be? 9 minutes later
I have an issue where I keep on examining my issues. I kept examining this and a thin layer of skin came off. Then poked and prodded with my nail and now it's bleeding. Stupid I know but I think it could be folliculitis. I get a lot of ingrown hairs when hair starts growing back after I shave. I'm wondering if waxing would be safer???
Answered by Dr. S Patra 25 minutes later

Thanks for follow up query.

First thing, you should take one course of antibiotic medication (like Clavam etc) and apply above mentioned ointment after proper cleaning. It helps to get relief.

Second thing, you can use hair removal cream for shaving and apply aloe vera gel for soothing effect over labial skin. Waxing is quite painful and it may worsen the presenting condition. Also avoid nail scratching.

Third thing, you would wear clean & cotton underwear, avoid wearing tight fitting pants or dress, take healthy diet with anti oxidant supplement, wash the affected area with H2O2 solution etc.

Hope it helps for you. If you do not need any clarification, you can close the discussion & rate the answer.

Be well & stay healthy.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Bump on the side of labia majora, no pain. What could it be? 13 minutes later
is Clavam or any other antibiotic medication over the counter???
Answered by Dr. S Patra 8 minutes later

Yes, you will get above antibiotic medication & ointment over the counter. It should be taken for 5-7 days.

Hope, you have gotten answer of your query. Follow all above mentioned healthy tips.

Good luck.

Dr Soumen