Bump on penis, had unprotected sex. Herpes or Syphilis?

Dermatologist
Question
I am a male my girlfriend for the first time performal unprotected oral sex only on me . It has been three weeks . i now notice a Bump on the side of my penis I thoudgt it was a pimple. What is the chances of it being herpes or syphlis or sometthing ele . i feel fine can it be herpes or syphlysis an single bump on the side of the penis
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 7 hours later

I think there is no need to worry .

Syphilis in its primary form appear as a single painless ulcer on the genitalia. In your case unless the partner has secondary syphilis in the oral mucosa it is highly unlikely to get transferred.

Herpes on the genitalia appears as grouped vesicles on an erythematous base which quickly changes into ulcers, which is very painful. The chances of getting herpes transferred from you to a female partner is more possible.

Hence the chances of acquiring both infections is highly impossible. There are more chances to get transferred from a male genitalia to female oral cavity by performing oral sex.

I am not able to exactly comment on the lesion per se but in all possibilities it may be a non specific rash or papule. You may apply antibiotic cream like mupirocin twice daily for week and get back if lesion persists.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.

PVS XXXXXXX