Ask a Urologist   »  

Bump on penis, flaking skin, taking Minocycline for acne. Does this sound like genital warts?

I have a 1 bump on my foreskin near the tip, and 2 small bumps next to it. Large bump looks like a pimple and changes from white to flesh colored. The other two small bumps look like small projections, almost like flaking skin but they are connected to the skin. I would say the large bump is the size of the tip of a ball point pen. I have had them since October and they came at the same time as a yeast infection. I take minocycline for acne, and my primary care doc said that long term use of anti-biotics can cause yeast/fugal infections. I was given nystatin cream and the yeast infection went away and so did the bumps. By mid-November. The bumps came back in December. One night I pulled the large one off and picked at the two smaller ones and they pulled off. They bled a lot, but they healed in a few hours and they did not return. Then in late January they came back and I have had them ever since. I'm not sure what they are. I have searched the internet for information, and the only thing I can see sounds like what I have is genital warts, but none of the pictures I looked at of genital warts look anything like what I have. And the time frame of my sexual activity and the corresponding bumps doesn't really make sense. Can you help?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for posting this query
I have read your problem and seen the photograph
The bump could be a pimple or ingrown hair
Some times painless bumps may be indication of sexual transmitted disease
Although your bump appears harmless but still it is better to get examined and investigated by the doctor as you are giving the history of sexual activity in past.
I hope to have answered your query and if you wish to ask more,you are welcome
Thanks and good luck.