Bump on head. Skull X-ray done. Scheduled to undergo MRI. Advise treatment

Neurologist, Surgical
I've had a bump on my head for seven months. Not causing any symtoms. Decided to have skull x-ray and it was found to be thru the skull into the brain. Going for MRI tomorrow.
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 3 hours later

I understood that you have a chronic painless hard swelling over the head. Usually these kind of tumors are benign bony tumors or Meningiomas. These tumors can be easily excised if indicated.

CT or MRI is must for the diagnosis. So go ahead with the investigations as advised by your doctor. You can contact me once your MRI is done, so we can discuss about the management.

I hope, this answers your query. Awaiting MRI report.