Bump dropped from pelvic region to labia majora, making it swollen. What can this be?

May 2013
Hi the right side of my pelvic region, right by my pelvic bone, has had a bump on it for years and has never bothered me and can be moved around. However today I noticed that it has dropped to my labia majora making it look swollen. I plan on making a doctors appoint on monday when they open but was wondering what this is.
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibly inguinal hernia Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your description, the bump you mentioned could be a hernia. Possibly femoral or inguinal hernia. Hernias occur due to muscular weakness usually. Femoral hernia is more common in females, that usually occurs due to pregnancy and delivery. But femoral hernia won't descend into labia majora generally. Inguinal hernia can extend into the labia majora. So possibly, by examination your doctor can make out the exact cause of your bump. Depending on the type of the bump, size and symptoms further management can be planned. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.