Ask a Urologist   »  

Bump appeared on foreskin. Suspected for papules or fordyce spots. Worried for cancer or wart?

Jun 2013
I Am A Healthy 28 Year Male. I Am A Virgin. I have three small pinhead sized bumps on my foreskin. My urologist called them papules or Fordyce spots. I'm worried because one has started taking on a dark pigment. See pics. Is there anything that looks concerning? Cancer, wart etc. Due to my limited and lack of sexual history I don't think that's an option. But I am a worrier so please help me put my mind at ease. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 31 minutes later
Hi there ~

The spots do not seem to be concerning. I reassure you that they are not even Fordyce spots and the dark pigmentation is the process of healing as it seems like you have had a small abrasion under the mucosa. It is definitely not concerning for cancer or warts. It is great that you have a clean sexual history. Please be reassured that there is nothing concerning in your case and with time you will become better.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!