Bump appeared on forehead after injury. Started getting headache after few days. Any advice?

Hi ... I hit my forehead 2 days ago on my cabinet ... I got a bit of a bump but nothing big, the day off I didn't get a headache nor did I feel dizzy .. But after about 1hrs my scalp felt numb almost like when u get frozen by a needle .. Now after 2 days my scalp still feels the same and now I have a headache .. But I do get migraine so I'm not sure if my headache is a result of my hit .. Pls advise
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. This could be a sign of post concussion syndrome. Post concussion syndrome could happen after mild head traumas. The people who experience it should take care of their brain function for several weeks. It is very important otherwise they may have problem with their concentration or some other issues for a long time. The best thing that is recommended is not to do serious mental activity like long hours of reading or full time work for several weeks. You can ask your doctor the things you should pay attention after post concussion syndrome. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Bump appeared on forehead after injury. Started getting headache after few days. Any advice? 42 minutes later
Thank you ... How long do you think the numbness would last???
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 11 hours later
Hi, it will not last so long, probably one or two weeks. If you seek treatment by a doctor if you have any problem with sleep, concentration, etc you will get better even sooner.