Bump appeared after head injury. Feeling nauseous and sore to touch. Worried for internal bleeding

Gastroenterologist
Question
I smashed heads with my dog today when he was running at me and I now have a small bump on my temple that is sore and hurts to the touch..I feel a little naseous but it happened around 9 hours ago...Im a hypochondriac and am worried about internal bleeding..do you think i have reason to worry or should see a doctor or do you think I'm okay? I was not knocked out or anything it just hurt pretty badly at first
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
Internal injury and bleeding is suspected only if any of the following symptoms are there -
1. Bleeding from nose and ears
2. Loss of consciousness
3. Persistent vomiting
4. Seizures

Since none of these have happened , it is less likely that you have XXXXXXX injury and bleeding.
The swelling you have on the temple is due to the injury and you can take tylenol for pain relief.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Bump appeared after head injury. Feeling nauseous and sore to touch. Worried for internal bleeding 4 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX Kini for answering my question and so promptly too! I really appreciate it. Do you believe a concussion could be in question? If so,am I okay to go to sleep tonight without seeing a doctor since it has been over 7 hours?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 5 minutes later
Since it has been more than 7 hours and you have no symptoms other than nausea and a small bump on the temple, there is no need to worry about even concussion.
You can sleep without worrying about XXXXXXX injury including concussion.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kin

Follow-up: Bump appeared after head injury. Feeling nauseous and sore to touch. Worried for internal bleeding 2 minutes later
okay thank you!

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 10 minutes later
Welcome