Bump and bruise on forehead following fall. Suggest treatment

I feel and hit my forehead upper left side (hairline). I have a small bump and some bruising. What should I look out for.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 36 minutes later

The formation of a small bump after the fall indicates a hematoma formation. Hematoma is a collection of blood caused by XXXXXXX bleeding and usually resolves with time but sometimes may become persistent.

For the hematoma, apply warm compresses on the area and take some over the counter anti-inflammatory pain killer like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac after consulting your doctor.

Also keep an eye on any neurological symptoms like headaches, bleeding from the nose, numbness or seizures. If they happen, consult ER at the earliest.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.