Bull mastiff, blood in stools, vomit, diarrhea, from bone with fatty blood and marrow ?

hey doc,

I have a bull mastiff, 5months old, whilst cleaning up his stools their we traces of a slight ting on red in a gooey clear form in his stools? could this be from his recent bone that had fatty blood and marrow or is this a more serious case. he had vomited a couple of days ago and he had diarrhea which has cleared now?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 7 hours later

Yes, the description provided, seems that the reddish discoloration in the stool of your pet, could be due to undigested food, that he had consumed.

Since the diarrhea had already cleared, and he had recovered well, this need not be a matter of concern.

In case, he has XXXXXXX red blood in the stools, repeated vomiting, diarrhea, loss of weight etc, then this could indicate a sign of enteritis (bacterial infection) and might need a examination by a vet.

I hope this helps.

I shall be available to answer any follow up queries .