Bulky uterus, on ovral , sevista & siocare, nonstop period with heavy clots, USG report findings. Suggestion?

Question
I AM ON OVRAL G, SEVISTA AND SIOCARE FOR BULKY UTERUS (MEASURING 9.8 X 4.6 CM) FROM 16.07.11.MY PERIODS WERE STOPPED AND HAD NORMAL PERIODS IN OCTOBER. FROM 02.11.2011 THE PERIODS STARTED AND IS STILL CONTINUING WITH HEAVY CLOTS. THE USG REPORT ON 19.11.11 GIVES THE FINDINGS AS " BULKY UTERUS MEASURING 13.7 CMS IN LENGTH. AN ILL DEFINED HYPOECHOIC LESION OF SIZE 3.8 X 4.0 CMS IN THE ENDOMETRIUM CAVITY" PLEASE SUGGEST WHAT TO DO?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
An ill defined hypoechoic lesion in the uterus is suggestive of a fibroid uterus which is causing the heavy bleeding for last so many days.
The management of this condition would require treatment with progesterone to stabilize the endometrium and reduce bleeding along with hemostatic agents like ethamsylate or tranexaemic acid . Oral contraceptive pills (OCPs)- Ovral -G suppresses endometrial development, reestablishes predictable bleeding patterns, decreases menstrual flow, and lowers the risk of proper therapy.
Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to combat excessive blood loss from your body.
I hope the above information helps to answer your questions effectively.
Please feel free to forward any additional queries, which I will be glad to answer.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Bulky uterus, on ovral , sevista & siocare, nonstop period with heavy clots, USG report findings. Suggestion? 3 hours later
OUR DOCTOR HAS SUGGESTED D&C, SHOULD WE GO FOR IT? WHAT LINE OF TREATMENT SHOULD BE CARRIED FOR THE LESION? THE DOCTOR HAD PRESCRIBED SEVISTA FOR BULKY UTERUS, BUT THE SIZE OF UTERUS HAS INCREASED DURING THE COURSE OF TREATMENT, SO SHOULD WE GO FOR SOME OTHER TREATMENT OR CONTINUE THE CURRENT MEDICATION?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
D&C is done to stop the excessive bleeding only once. It does not remove the cause of bleeding. I feel that you should first go for hormone therapy and hemostatic agents to stop the bleeding and if that does not help then only think about a procedure like D&C.
Fibroids are difficult to treat medically. I suggest you to take a second opinion from another competent gynecologist for further line of action. Most of the times surgery is considered. The following surgical procedures are used to remove them:
1.) Myomectomy, that is removal of the Fibroid either through Open abdominal surgery, Laparoscopically or Hysteroscopically.
2.) tissue.
3.) Burning it using heat or Microwave energy.

Your treating doctor will know which procedure will suit you better if at all he/she considers it necessary.
If sevista is not helping with your symptoms you can consider stopping it after consulting with your doctor.
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.