Bulging vein on cheek, twitching. Is there a way to reduce it?

Hello, I have a question regarding a bulging vein face on my's exact location is on my cheek, Horizontal to the lips, outward about 1/2 inch. It is twitching and very bothersome. I have noticed its appearance for the last few weeks but just noticed the twitching now. Is there any way to reduce the bulging whether through self treatment or more advanced medical intervention?? This is very unbecoming n a 23 r old female. Thanks so much

Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Self treatment is not likely to help in your cases.

There are treatments for such prominent veins but they do have complications and might present with overlying skin scar or changes that might not be acceptable in the region of face. So treatments are suggested only in cases were benefits are more than the risk.

Treatments primarily include injecting sclerosis agents, ligation of vein or occluding vein through interventional methods.

So you can consider seeing a vascular surgeon, who will take in consideration severity of your symptoms. Then explain you the treatment options and also help you to decide if at all treatment would be beneficial.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are doubts.