Bulging of the veins on the wrist, hurts when touched. Why is this happening?

I have a lump/bulge near the veins on my right wrist. And further down near the elbow on the veins, there is this small horizontal red XXXXXXX which is warm to touch and hurts when I press down on it with my finger...please could you tell me what this is as I was panicing all last night.
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 41 minutes later

Thanks for the query

I need to know more in order to come to a better conclusion.

1. When did it start Paining? Did you hit yourself somewhere?
2. Have you tried taking any painkillers for the same? Did it help ?
3. Could you please attach a photo of the swelling?

Please get back to me with answers, I am awaiting your reply

I wish you good health
Follow-up: Bulging of the veins on the wrist, hurts when touched. Why is this happening? 18 minutes later
1. The lump near the wrist has been there for quite afew weeks now while the red XXXXXXX near my elbow I only just noticed last night when I started to get abit of pain from the area (when not touching it). And no I have hit anything with that arm.
2. No I have not taken any painkillers as it only hurts at the moment when I touch it.
3. I have attached three more photos of the swelling. Its really hard to take a photo of but I can notice that it bulges out more than the left side. When you touch it, its smooth then bumps up then down again. The red XXXXXXX near my elbow has no swelling but it is painful on touch. There is no red marks near the swelling on my wrist area.
Follow-up: Bulging of the veins on the wrist, hurts when touched. Why is this happening? 0 minute later
*Not hit anything with that arm
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 8 hours later
Thanks for the detailed reply

The photos were of great help to me.

From the history you have given and also from the pics you have attached it looks like you might be suffering from arthritis which is nothing but inflammation of the joint however the red line looks like an unrelated to the swelling which is present.
I suggest you XXXXXXX an orthopedician for this immediately as it has been quite sometime since you have had this. Drugs like ketodalac is ideal for such kind of joint pain, please XXXXXXX your doctor of a prescription

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health