Build ups in nose that are yellow and hard. Had eczema. Recommend other treatment?

Hi , I get small build ups inside my right nose every two hours of very small hard yellow crusty boogers . Most of the time I can blow them out with a kleenex or I have to get them with a finger . I have major exzema in the winter that only my travels to florida or the carribean brings relief .I have tried many prescribed creams for my skin with no success . Would you reccomend any new types of treatments
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 10 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

What you are suffering from may be atopic dermatitis.

This is a chronic skin condition and tends to run a long course.

Keeping the skin moisturised is the mainstay of treatment.

Some tips:

Do not use soap all over the body..just use over the armpits and groin.

APply a thick moisturizer immediately after bath, repeat it again if required.

DO not wear woolens directly.

Avoid hot water baths

Drink plenty of oral fluids.

Use prescription creams as required over the eczematous patches.

If the problem is still very bothersome, you may consult your dermatologist abot long term immunosuppressant therapy.

For your nose problem, I think this is the same problem which is hitting your skin.

Use saline nasal sprays twice daily. This will loosen up the crusts and will help the condition.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask me,