Bubble under shoulder, unable to move arm. Had drained once. Suggest remedy

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have large bubble under right shoulder can not move arm. doctor has drained once but came right back
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
It should be drained again. Such lesions have tendency to relaps especially if it wanst drained properly. YOur doctor should aspirate fluid completely and then apply elastic bandage which needs to be mildly tight to ensure that bubble is compressed after drainage. Also you should rest with your arm at least 1 week after this.Usually after 3 tries of drainage it should be surgically removed.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help