Bruising, swelling, numbness post a fall, infected cut in the area. What should be done?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi about a week ago I fell about 2 meters and hit my XXXXXXX really hard. Leaving my XXXXXXX bruised and swollen and numb. I have found now a week nothing much has changed and I have stabbing pain in this area. I also have a cut in this area that is slightly Infected. What should I do?
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

As bruise and swelling persist over XXXXXXX even after a week, you should go for an xray to rule out any bony injury. Also as the area get infected, it needs antibiotic cover and cleaning of wound. So I suggest you to get it evaluated by your doctor for appropriate treatment.

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have any more concern.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.