Bruising on thighs, acne on face. Taken medication. Something to worry about?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
For the past month, my 22 year old son has symmetrical bruising on each leg on his thighs. In the morning when he wakes up they seem to be more pronounced.
Also since right before Christmas, he has had horrible acne on his face. He's been to two dermatologists and both have given him the same medication and both told him that he'll outgrow it. Through high school, he's had minor acne problems, but nothing like this that won't go away.
Just mentioning the acne on the outside chance this might have something to do with the bruising. Like some kind of imbalance going on in this system.
Is the bruising something to be worried about?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 37 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

It is not common that bruisings appear without reason.
If he doesnt remember any trauma or muscle pulling of thighs then bruising can be caused by haemathological disorder. Most usual are thrombocytopenia and clotting factors deficiency and it can be related to acne too. He could have trauma which he doesnt remember or varicose venes in that area. I dont think this is something serious, but basic lab tests should be done to rule out diseases I ve mentioned.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"