Bruising around toes on one foot. Diabetic and on blood thinners. Anything serious?

my husband has unexplained bruising around his toes on one foot. He is a brittle diabetic and on blood thinners - emergency, or not?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be due to plavex Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. As he is on blood thinner (Plavex), he is prone to bleeding manifestations. This unexplained bruising may be due to its effect only. If this happens frequently then he may need to consult his physician regarding continuing plavex. Otherwise, occasional bruising is considered okay. I don't think this is an emergency. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
Follow-up: Bruising around toes on one foot. Diabetic and on blood thinners. Anything serious? 5 minutes later
Thank you for your prompt reply. We will monitor the bruising. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: If you do not need any further clarifications then please close the query and give feedback.