Bruises on skin without injury, blood disorders or liver problems?

i have a black and blue bruise on my inner thigh of my left leg the size of a silver dollar. I've had no injury or bug bite. I'm 66 yrs old.I'm 5'11 and 220and have had many heart issues...heart attack,stent etc. Blood work done 2 mos ago suggest no problem with my kidneys or liver but I do have dark urine upon wakening in morning. I do drink alcohol and worry it may be the problem.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later

The spontaneous appearance of a bruise without any history of injury can be due to-

1. Compromised liver function due to chronic alcohol intake.
2. Blood thinning drugs like aspirin that you might be taking due to cardiacrelated problems.
3. Bleeding or clotting disorders.
4. Decreased platelet counts after infections mostly viral.

To find out the cause, you need to have proper investigations and a detailed examination under the guidance of your physician.

The treatment is based on the diagnosis and severity of the problem.

Treatment is usually done by stopping causative agents, fluid infusion, steroids, immunoglobulins, blood transfusions, etc according to the severity of the condition.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.