Bruises on legs, arms and stomach, fever, irregular periods. Low iron in blood test. Trying for conception. Suggestions

hy, i have been having health problems for a while i keep getting bruises on my body alot mainly in my legs and arms and had bruise on my stomach twice, i get leg pains and few times i had realy bad arm pain on my right arm it lasts a whole day or even two days. i have these small red spot about three of them i feel ill weak at times i have had fever twice. my bruises sometimes feel lumpy, been docs did blood test for my iron and they were just a little bit low nothingbto worry bout and did blood test for bloot clots that came out fine. i also have another problem my period are iregular at times my cycle is 28 days but some time i get my period on the third week or i will be two weeks late, i have trying to get pregnant and been trying for more than a year but been unsuccesfull. what could be the problem as i am worried.
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 3 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

With the bruises, I would think of some bleeding disorder/trauma. But, you say you have been evaluated for the same and all the tests came back as normal.

Are you sure there is no history of trauma?

Have you been evaluated for thyroid disorders? If no, it is better to get a thyroid function test done, as thyroid disorders can also cause menstrual irregularities. It is also better to get an ultrasound of the pelvis, to rule out other causes. I feel it would be best if you consulted your gynaecologist.

Hope I have answered your questions. Feel free to ask me any further questions you might have.

Have a nice day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan