Bruises on biceps, done blood work, partner slept on arm. Any information?

Hi there. I'm an otherwise healthy 28 year old male. Last night, before I went to bed, I discovered the inner side of my right bicep was covered in bruises. I do not remember hitting it on anything although i suppose that could be a possibility - still, it does not resemble an impact bruise. I have never had a bruise like this before. I had a lot of blood work done about a month ago to test for a lot of things and I'm healthy all around. My girlfriend slept on that arm the other night which means the weight of her head was on it for hours but that's the only thing that has made contact with that side of my arm. It would be very difficult to have hit the inner side. Any information would be extremely appreciated. Thank you!
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Thanks for the query
I have seen the photograph and read your history which suggests that this happened to you for the first time.
The obvious reason,at the moment appears to be due to sustained weight on your biceps by the head of your girl friend.A single episode can be overlooked and no medication is required,as you dont have any problem.
But repeated episodes of such type will definitely require investigations for diagnosing the cause.
For the sake of information purpose,following reasons can result in bruises in absence of any obvious injury.
1...if a person is on blood thinners or taking aspirin
2...,person is having some blood disorder
3..if a person is deficient in VIT K,VIT C,VIT B12 or FOLIC acid
4... Very rarely bruising is first sign of some underlying disease like cirrhosis,leukemia,Hodgkin's disease etc. your medicinal intake. Certain blood thinners, as well as aspirin can cause skin to bruise easily.
5... Some times easy bruising runs in family.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.

If you don't have any query and satisfied by my answer,you may close this query and rate my answer.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Bruises on biceps, done blood work, partner slept on arm. Any information? 35 hours later
Thank you for your wonderful answers as always doctor

One more unrelated inquiry if you please.

This is a slightly embarrassing question. My penis skin has been a little dry lately and I do believe I have rubbed the skin raw on it in one place from masturbating. I have done this in the past but never on the backside where this is. I just wanted to make sure this isn't something like a herpes lesion as I have since received oral sex while having this. There was never a bump, never any itching etc and I have never had actual intercourse before, only oral. This is also the only lesion I have. Again pretty certain it is from rubbing the skin raw but I just wanted to be sure it doesn't resemble something else. Thank you!!
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Different sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)—including HIV—can be transmitted through oral sex. The risks from most of these types of infections are generally considered far less than those associated with vaginal or anal sex.

Herpes begins as painful lesions that are usually composed of tiny, watery sores bunched together in clusters. The blisters eventually rupture and form ulcers, then scab over and heal without scarring.  The initial outbreak of herpes is usually the most severe and takes place within two weeks of being exposed to the herpes virus. Often, the first outbreak is accompanied by full-body symptoms that are flu-like in nature and may include headache, joint pain, fatigue, fever and swollen glands in the area of the groin.  the first outbreak typically lasts between two and four weeks.

Since you are not reporting any of the symptoms as I mentioned above,it clearly means that your skin lesion must be from masturbation only.

If you still have some doubts about the cause of your sore on penis,you may consult a doctor and get yourself tested for herpes infection.
Best of luck