Bruised lower thigh and fractured a rib. Difficulty in breathing and taking Tylenol. What do you suggest?

I fell in a parking lot on Monday and landed on the curbing, bruising my right lower thigh. The rest of me landed on my side. At first, I felt unbroken and just shaken up. But within three hours I was in much pain, so much so that I couldn't tell you exactly where I hurt. Now, after a few days of rest, I feel I must have fractured a rib perhaps on the side under my arm and in the front directly under my bust. Both areas are extremely painful. I'm having difficulty breathing deeply and any movement is so painful it brings tears to my eyes.

I'm resting and taking Tylenol. I'm trying to belly breathe, at least, when laying down. My right breast is heavy and pulls at both painful sites. I tried supporting my right breast with an Ace bandage wrapping it around my neck and under the breast. Bending forward is almost impossible. Any suggestions?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are taking the right treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Fall and injury to chest can cause fracture ribs or muscle or ligament strain or XXXXXXX bruise.
From your symptoms, a fracture or an XXXXXXX bruise is likely. If there is no local swelling or extreme pain on touch indicative of XXXXXXX bleeding then there is nothing worrisome as of now.
Any muscle strain will require time to heal and till then you can take any antiinflammatory analgesic containing acetaminophen and ibuprofen for pain relief. Hot fomentation may provide early relief. Ace bandage will also help you.
If the pain persists or you develop any new symptom like fever, restriction of movement etc. then seek prompt medical consultation . Otherwise just take adequate rest, a healthy diet and plenty of fluids for better healing. It will take 3-4 weeks to get better.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.