Bruised feeling under buttock and sensitive feeling on thighs. How to relieve pain?

Hi, I have a bruised feeling under the crease of my left buttock and also on both my hip bones with very sensitive feeling on outer thighs down to knees. I also have pain in middle of left buttock and sometimes if I take a Pax the pain will go for a while (a day or two), but then comes back. Any suggestions
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Problems most likely due to thinning of bones Detailed Answer: Hi Ma'am, Thanks for your query. From the brief information provided, the possibilities of your problems are :- * Thinning of bones of the lower back, leading to either disc(s) herniation or slight collapse of vertebra, causing compression over nerves supplying the affected areas (buttocks, outer thighs). In this condition, low back ache is a common accompaniment. You have not mentioned if you also have low backache. * Inflammation of sacro-iliac joints (joints between the pelvic and tail bones). This can either be due to osteoarthritis (due to thinning/wear and tear of bones- particularly in post-menopausal state); or, an uncommon condition at this age, called Ankylosing Spondylitis. * A RARE cause - a small growth in the lower spine. You therefore require the following tests :- - DEXA scan to assess the degree of thinning of bones - MRI Scan of both SACRO-ILIAC JOINTS along with lumbar and sacral spine- to see for inflammation of sacroiliac joints (suggestive of Ankylosing spondylitis); disc herniation or collapse of lower vertebra (causing compression over nerves); or a growth (if any). Kindly consult your treating doctor and discuss my views / opinion / recommendations with him. I am sure he will agree with me. He will therefore order relevant tests and- based on the reports- advise you the best course of action/appropriate treatment. hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to reply further clarifications, if any. Fond regards, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal