Bruise on left buttock, soreness in left elbow and shortness of breath after falling down the stairs. Why?

General Surgeon
hello! i slipped and fell down our wood stairs yesterday. I went down about 6 stairs and landed on my butt. My right heal slipped as I stepped and I sailed down the stairs landing on my butt. I have a bruise on my outside left buttock, and a huge 3 inch long dark bruise on the inside of my left butt cheek near the crack (probably b/c I landed on my tail bone). There's also soreness in my left elbow. What is more concerning is the soreness in my lower back and slight shortness of breath. I've been taking Advil for the last day and the soreness seems to be getting better but should I see someone? I was able to sleep on my back last night (although it was a little uncomfortable at first) and can bend and squat. I definitely can't jump. For instance, when I walk down the stairs, I need to step lightly. If I step too firmly, it hurts. I can sit in chairs and have driven a few places. Just want to make sure I'm not ignoring something I should have looked at. Thanks!
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Going by the description given by and you and your ability to sit and drive, in my opinion I don't think there is something serious which you have missed.
It will definitely take time for the injuries to heal. Apart from your query asked, I would suggest you that Apart from taking advil, applying hot water fomentation especially to the back will help relieve pain and spasm.
Also if there is full movement of elbow and no deformity there is no cause of concern. I would also suggest you taking good rest for couple of days.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I hope I have clarified your doubt, in case you have any other query Kindly get back to me

Dr Deepak
Consultant Surgeon