Bruise on knee, painful, hard and yellow in middle. Why is it getting bigger? Is that normal?

Infertility Specialist
I have a bruise by my knee it was very purple, hurt to touch, and felt like a hard knot in the middle. Over time (days) the bruise got bigger and the knot smaller. Now the knot is gone and the bruise is smaller and less purple and doesn't hurt to touch but there is a slightly yellow/white area in the middle of the bruised area surrounded by a lighter purple. Should I get it looked at or is this normal?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 40 minutes later

Thank you for your query.
What you are going through is a normal wound healing mechanism.

During initial part there would be blood clots. Later the fibrin fibres will desolve. Then normal skin grows. Similarly the colour changes.

Hence your wound is healing perfectly well and normal way. Follow tbe below instructions for good healing of wound:

give rest to arrected part
keep wound clean by washing daily
have good nutritious diet which helps wound healing process.

I hope I answered your queries. If no further queries, please accept my answer

Dr.Mahesh Koregol