Bruise on foot, bluish patch on foot, fatigue, muscle aches, headaches, tingling in feet. Treatment ?

I have a bruise on my right foot that has been there for 3 weeks, and today, noticed a bluish patch on the top of my foot the size of a half dollar. Some other symptoms are fatigue, muscle aches, and headaches. I also have tingling in my feet and sometimes even in my head. Like they are falling asleep. My age 27, height 5 feet 4 inches, weight 130.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Manju M 30 minutes later

I understand your concern.

Your symptoms are suggestive of something like Cutaneous vasculitis, this needs to be investigated further with few hematologic and immunologic studies.

Since you have got few systemic symptoms, you should be undergoing detailed examination by a physician.

I would also like to know if the bruise was traumatic or spontaneous in origin? If it is increasing in size over a period of time?

If it is traumatic, you need not worry much as it heals by itself. I suggest you to use Ice packs locally.

If it is spontaneous it needs to be investigated further.

Your BMI is normal.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up query if any.

Wish you good health.