Bruise on cheek after fall, facial muscles affected, hard bump in cheek. Will I recover completely?

I slipped and fell a month ago. My face (check area) hit the corner of our granite kitchen counter, causing me to fall to the kitchen floor on my knees (I temporarily saw "stars" when my face hit the counter). I went to the emergency room, had xrays, and was told I didn't have any fractures (Yea!) - but developed a HUGE, blackish cheek that lasted for almost 3 weeks. My facial muscles were affected (I still can't smile "normally"). The bruising has completely cleared up and the swelling has considerably subsided. However, I still have a hard bump in the middle of my cheek area and a XXXXXXX depression just beneath it. My left facial muscles aren't as "paralyzed" - and I've regained some of my old smile back. Will I recover completely - or will this be my new permanent look/condition?
PS My bump is noticable and still hurts. I'm also concerned because I've been reading that if a hematoma (I'm guessing this is what this is) is left untreated for too long, there might be additional complications. I've also read that there is a possibility of losing fat, if left too long, also (reason for my XXXXXXX depression area?). The depression mimics a XXXXXXX dimple (it's an inch in length - and runs horizonally across my left cheek area just beneath my bump). Whenever I touch the bottom edge of my bump (near my depression line) - it also feels very dense and painful.
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

I think you should get a CT scan done for this.Xrays may not rule out fractures in case of face or skull injuries entirely. CT scan will also help detecting presence of hematoma.

Importantly, CT will also help evaluate your facial nerve to see if at all it was injured.

Treatment can be planned after that.

Please ask if there are doubts. Regards.