Bruise in leg, purple dot in the middle, painful

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a bruise that came out with a purple dot in the middle with pain now another bruise is came out just up from it
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Follow-up: Bruise in leg, purple dot in the middle, painful 5 minutes later
the bruise is in the middle of my leg
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Easy bruising can be for many causes such as
- Platelet disorders of counts like thrombocytopenia,
- Disorders of function like Glanzman syndrome where platelets are lazy i.e. normal in number but slow to clumping and degranulation.
- Deranged Prothrombin time (PT) /activated Partial Thromboplastin time (aPTT) secondary to many causes including iatrogenic cause by taking warfarin for cardiac arrhythmias
- And lax and fragile skin secondary to senile atrophy of dermis and reduced connective tissue supportive parenchyma and as a result of treatment with steroids.

So I believe getting your blood counts along with Capillary fragility test can be helpful to detect bleeding tendency.

Discuss about these possibilities with your treating physician and he/she can stream line these test for you. You also take Vitamin C and Vitamin A supplements to improve skin texture and reduce easy bruising.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.