Bruise and lump appeared on leg after injury. Any risk of bloodclot?

I hit my leg really hard on the corner of the bed and it bruised and had a pretty good lump. It's been almost 4 weeks now it is a sunk in spot with the edges kinda hard and lumpy. I may has slight numbness sometime in it. I also may be at risk for bloodclots I had a PE about 1 1/2 year ago.
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi welcome and thanks for writing in.
The bump is most likely a localised haematoma. The colour changes are due to change in age of clot known as changes due to resolving haematoma. It is not a risk factor for PE.
You had thrombosis and not the bleeding tendency. After trauma there must be localised bleed first for the formation of haematoma.
You need to consult your surgeon because in duration of 4 weeks haematoma must be get resolved. As it is not resolved completely you need clinical examination and investigation like ultrasonography of lesion. Treatment modalities like only bandage or tablets or drainage can be decided afterwards only.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.