Brownish vaginal discharge and mild cramps. Causes?

Hello I have brown vaginal discharge and mild cramping. My period is due 10 january. LMP was december 11 2011.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Thanks for the query

Brown vaginal discharge which is not during your periods could be because of pelvic inflammatory disease, namely infection of the
2. cervix
3. vagina

Since you have been recently been treated for chlamydia it is possible that this has recurred. Please do not ignore this issue and XXXXXXX your gynaecologist immediately.

In the mean time please follow these advices

1. Engage in only protected intercourse until you XXXXXXX you doctor
2. After intercourse please wash up and urinate as this prevents uti
3. Watch out for fever
4. Watch out for pain abdomen
5. Watch our for reduced urination
6. Drink plenty of water

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if there are no further queries

I wish you good health