Brown-yellow vaginal discharge, soreness, itchiness, sebaceous cysts. Taking Flucloxacillin for staph aureus. Worried

Hi I have a browny yellow discharge from my vagina, sore and itchy and 3 small sebaceous cysts. Clinic swab said staph aureous so am on FLucloxacillin for 10 days but still have discharge and feel sore. Doctor is going to investigate further any ideas or advice. Worried that it is something behind my cervix as they say cervix is inflamed.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 16 minutes later
You definitely have an vaginal infection.As you are getting antibiotics for that,there;s not much to worry about.But,the infection may be a cause for the inflammation of the cervix.You should get a PAP smear test done to rule out the possibility of any cervical malignancy.Its a simple procedure done on opd basis. Complete the course of the antibiotics as advised. Get your blood sugar tested. I think that a course of metronidazole should also be taken.
Follow-up: Brown-yellow vaginal discharge, soreness, itchiness, sebaceous cysts. Taking Flucloxacillin for staph aureus. Worried 6 minutes later
Hi I have had my blood sugars done and it is normal. Since i finish the antibiotics tomorrow should the discharge have stopped. I am sore and my vulva looks swollen they also checked for sti and thrush they were negative.
My last smear was 3 yrs ago so as in uk they say not due yet. Do you think it could still relate to something cervical cancer. What other test would tell them?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 hours later
You may have some associated vaginitis. Thats why i recommended metronidazole. You can also take some probiotics that balance the flora of the vagina and reduce infection. An unhealthy cervix may be a sign of infection or even malignancy. You can complete the course and have a repeat examination after 3 months to check if the cervix is still unhealthy. Pap smear would be ideal to check for this. As you say,your test was negative.In my country,we do repeat the test in indictated cases. I believe in the UK,its done every 5 years. You could also have a colposcopy done to check for a similar reason.However, your gynaecologist should prescribe it.