Brown vaginal discharge. Had i-pill after sex, took papaya. HPT -ve. Why the discharge?

i had sex with my boyfriend on 24th april.condomn torn out in the middle.i ate i-pill within 3hrs of sex.on 29th i had papaya and after that there is brown vaginal discharge and little bleeding.i took urine home pregnancy test on 30th and it turned out negative.why is this vaginal discharge?Am i pregnant?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
Since you have taken i-pill within 3 hours of having an unprotected sex, you are now more than 99% protected against pregnancy.
It is common to have a brownish bleeding due to the withdrawal effect on the uterus. The bleeding you are having is an expected side effect of emergency pil and is not indicative of pregnancy.
It may delay the next period by a week or so; but if the periods are delayed for more than 10 days then consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.