Brown spots on toes and heel, look like freckled, no pain. What could they be?

I have very small brown spots 1 mm to 4 mm in diameter on my toes and my heel on my right foot. I have counted over 40. They look like freckles, some even appear faded compared to others and are varying shapes. There is no pain, and they seem to be under the skin. What could they be?
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brown spots on the foot can be due to various reasons as vitamin deficiency,sun burn,Pityriasis XXXXXXX (it is a skin condition and cause is unknown but it usually resolves by itself),freckles,hormonal imbalance etc.
Most of the spots are harmless and usually resolve by themselves in time.
Some measures you can follow:
1)Soak some alomnds overnight in water and in the morning after peeling them off grind in mixer and make a paste with honey.Apply this twice daily.
2)You can also directly apply Aloe vera gel which has very good antiinflammatory properties.
3)Once a week rub lightly watermelon or papaya peel.
4)Always apply sunscreen before steeping out in the sun.
Most of the spots disappear on their own.If there are any other symptoms as itching,changes in size,shape and consistency consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.