Brown red semen, no urine discoloration, no pain while ejaculating. Causes ?

I have brownish red seman lately. Just within the past 2 week. I do no have any discolor in my urine, no pains anywhere, no pains when i ejaculate, nothing. Any ideas?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Brownish discoloration of semen if it occurs once in a while or there are only streaks of brownish discoloration then they can be ignored considering it to be a harmless thing.
The constant brownish discoloration is indicative of infection- either in the prostate gland or in the seminal vesicles.This can be diagnosed by having a culture and sensitivity of your semen sample. Antibiotics are needed to be taken orally according to the culture report for the treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.
Follow-up: Brown red semen, no urine discoloration, no pain while ejaculating. Causes ? 1 hour later
Do i have anything to worry about during sex? Can this discoloration cause harm to my partner? How long should i wait till I go see a doctor, and what can i keep looking for?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

It is better if you avoid sex if your semen is constantly brownish in color. You might transmit the infection to your partner. It is better to see a doctor as soon as you can get an appointment as infection is best treated if controlled early.

Sincerely hope it will help.
Wishing you an early recovery.