Brown or red discharge before periods start, taking Loette. Is this ok?

Hi, I have just started taking Loette and have 4 days of active pills left and today I have noticed a brown/red discharge like I get when I begin my period. Is this ok?
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 minutes later

Need not worry, it is a commonly expected symptom seen in association with hormonal contraception or treatment with Levonorgestrel and Ethinyloestradiol.

This may recur during the course of the treatment but do not have any significant consideration in terms of the effect of the medication.

You may need to consult your treating gynaecologist only if such bleeding exceeds for more than a week.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.