Brown mucus when blowing nose, have emphysema and atrial fibrillation. Prescribed Naseptin cream. Anything better on market?
User rating for this question
Been prescribed Naseptin cream is there anything better on the market? He has brown mucus when blowing nose. Has emphasema & atrial fibrillation.
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks for the query
Naseptin cream is used to prevent dryness of the nasal mucosa and thus the nasal bleed. It is indeed one of the best ointments available in the market for the treatment of nasal bleed due to dry nose.
According to your description he can be having the nasal bleed due to following conditions:
1. Sinusitis (brown mucus when blowing nose).
2. Dryness of the nose due to atrophy of the glands present in the nose, secondary to the age.
3. Blood thinners used for treatment of atrial fibrillation.
The actual cause of the bleeding needs to be evaluated and treated accordingly. Presuming it to be more of sinus related problem you can try the following:
1. Saline nasal spray - to keep the nasal mucosa moist and also helping in bringing out the secretions from the nose.
2. A mucolytic - such as bromhexine or ambroxol for thinning out the nasal secretions.
3. To consume plenty of warm water - to keep the body tissues hydrated.
4. Naseptin to be continued.
5. Cardiologist consultation for change of the medicine for blood thinner.
Hope I have answered the query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Bad coughing without fever
- Does acutret 5 mg cause hairloss
- Atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter
- Strange deep cough bad tasting phlegm
- Atrial fibrillation when to go to hospital
- Atrial fibrillation only when i lay down
- Sinus congestion and bad smell
- What to do for bad congestion
- Forced coughing atrial fibrillation
- Do you need to fast for pregnancy blood test
- Spicy foods atrial fibrillation
- Do testicular cancer lumps hurt
- Do xanax help with chest tightness
- Do vegetarians have lower gfr
- Really bad smell coming from ea