Brown dots appeared on feet 1 yr ago. Reason and treatment?

Brown dots emersed on brothers feet 1 yr ago. Can u tell me the reason & how to get rid from these dots??
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lentigo or freckels

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for uploading the image.

Does your brother complain of spreading? Does he complain of itching?

They are most likely aging spots or liver spots. They could have been caused by sun damage like Lentigo.

Treatment is not required unless for cosmetic purposes. He should cover the areas with cotton socks to prevent the exposure to sun.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Brown dots appeared on feet 1 yr ago. Reason and treatment? 1 hour later
No there is no itching. These spots r on feet only not on any other part of body & they r not spreading. My brother platelet count is 0000. He searched on net that low platelet level can cause these spots. Is that true??

Brief Answer:
Nevus spilus

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatology, working with an experienced Dermatologist. I answer on his behalf.

I have seen the image you attached and it appears to be Nevus spilus. Such Nevus occur due to benign proliferation of melanocytes, the skin cells that make the brown pigment melanin.

Some Nevus can progress to become cancers, It is good to get a biopsy to rule out the chances of the same.

Medical treatment is ineffective, Laser treatment can be of some help.

Replied by Dr. XXXXXXX A.T

I need perfect advice from u sir. Waiting for ur reply.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
I differ with the other answer.

Detailed Answer:

I know you are confused about two statements by two different GP's here. I beg to differ with the other doctors answer as Nevus Spilus generally presents during childhood and most common site is upper trunk.

So in my opinion it is sun damaged skin that is most likely reason.

To put an end to this confusion it would be better to get this examined by a trained Dermatologist under sun light.

Hope this helps.